The sheer scale of the affiliate marketing industry means that choosing the right products to promote is of crucial importance.
Just because something is ideal for one person may not mean it is a good fit for the next person.
For example if you hate animals then promoting products in the pet-care market would not be a good fit for you but it might be great for your neighbor who breeds pedigree cats.
Here are some things you might like to consider when it comes to deciding what exactly you want to promote.
This is not a complete list, by far, but it sets out some of the things you might want to think about:
- Am I interested in the product or service I am thinking of promoting?
- Is the product or service any good? Would I be use it myself or be happy recommending it to my best friend or close family members?
- How are commissions tracked and paid and what is the commission structure?
- Are recurring commissions paid on subscription products or is it a one off payment?
- Does the product/service owner have a range of marketing materials to help the affiliate marketer?
- What is the demand for the products or services in question and what is the competition within the sector?
When you start asking questions like this, you will soon come up with many more of your own and your answers will help you ensure that you pick products which are best for you to promote.
Until next time.